Ukraine’s first all-inclusive ecosystem that hosts over 90 resident companies, 4 innovation labs, 8 accelerators, and 2 investment funds, Unit.City has just released the Tech Ecosystem Guide to Ukraine. The comprehensive report contains some of the most up-to-date stats and data pertaining to the Ukrainian high-tech sector, as well as the review of the largest tech companies, startups, R&Ds, etc.
This Guide is primarily focused on foreign investors and potential partners of the Ukrainian companies.
“Ukraine is experiencing exciting times – and we already have something to be proud of. This book is the first comprehensive review of the Ukrainian tech ecosystem. You will learn about prominent startups, accelerators, leading product companies, biggest investments, deals, and cases.” Max Yakover, CEO & Managing Partner of Unit.City
- As of 2018, Ukrainian tech ecosystem consists of the pool of over 185,000 IT specialists (which is pretty close to what was recently reported by DOU) and over 4,000 companies. IT became Ukraine’s second largest export industry;
- 20% of the world’s most established brands run their back offices, offshore development centers or R&D in Ukraine. Among them are Microsoft, Samsung, ABBY, Huawei, Siemens, Payoneer, MyHeritage, and many more.
- Over 100 Fortune 500 companies including Google and HP use Ukrainian IT services.
- 18 Ukrainian IT outsourcing providers are included in the world’s Top 100 ITO companies.
- Top 3 buyers of the Ukrainian IT outsourcing services are the United States (45% of customers), EU and Israel
- Areas of expertise of Ukrainian R&D centers are games, e-commerce, big data, and artificial intelligence, telecommunications, and software development.
Ukraine on the global IT scene
- Ukraine is Europe’s largest exporter of IT services. In 2017, the volume of IT service exports from Ukraine reached $3.6 billion and accounted for 3.4% of GDP.
- The country ranks 24th globally as the best country for software development.
- Ukrainian developers rank 11th globally in the top 50 countries with the best software engineers, according to HackerRank.
- Ukrainian freelancers rank 7th globally by the quality of delivery and overall efficiency.
- As estimated by Unit.City, Ukrainian IT exports will amount to $5.4 billion in 2020 and $8.4 billion in 2025.
Startups and investments scene
- In 2017, Ukrainian companies and startups attracted investments worth of a record- breaking $265 million
- Top public investment deals of 2017-2018 include Gitlab ($130 million), Grammarly ($110 million), and BitFury ($110 million).
- The most prospective Ukrainian startups are People.ai, Monobank, Allset, Solar Gaps and Kwambio.
Ukrainian IT ecosystem
- Over 20 cities created own IT clusters, with Lviv, Kharkiv and Kyiv IT Clusters being the leading ones
- Over 50 co-working hubs operate in Ukraine
- More than 1,000 IT and startups events are held in Ukraine every year. Top 3 events are Lviv IT Arena, iForum and IT Weekend Ukraine
To download the full Guide, follow this link.